Latest Marine Weather Warning by KMFR
Issued 10/17/2021 9:11 AM US/Pacific.
Valid through 10/28/2021 5:00 PM US/Pacific.
whus76 kmfr 252053
coastal waters from florence to cape blanco or out 10 nm-
153 pm pdt mon oct 25 2021
...hazardous seas warning now in effect until 5 am pdt tuesday...
...gale warning in effect from 5 am to 2 pm pdt tuesday...
...small craft advisory in effect from 2 pm tuesday to 5 pm pdt
* what...west to southwest winds 20 to 25 kt with very steep and
hazardous west swell dominated seas of 20 to 25 ft at 15 seconds
through tonight. winds become south, increasing to gales 30 to
40 kt early tuesday morning with seas of 15 to 19 ft at 14
seconds through tuesday afternoon. winds diminish to 10 to 20 kt
and seas subside, but remain steep at 10 to 13 ft late tuesday
* where...all areas.
* when...for the gale warning, from 5 am to 2 pm pdt tuesday.
for the hazardous seas warning, until 5 am pdt tuesday. for
the small craft advisory, from 2 pm tuesday to 5 pm pdt
* impacts...strong winds and very steep seas could capsize or
damage vessels. low visibility conditions are expected.
* view the hazard area in detail at https://go.usa.gov/x6hks
mariners should alter plans to avoid strong winds and very steep
seas. remain in port, seek safe harbor, alter course, and/or
secure the vessel for severe conditions.
Latest Marine Weather Warning by KPQR
Issued 10/19/2021 2:50 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 10/26/2021 11:00 PM US/Pacific.
whus76 kpqr 260319
columbia river bar-
819 pm pdt mon oct 25 2021
...small craft advisory remains in effect until 11 pm pdt
* what...rough bar conditions expected.
- general seas...around 15 ft tonight, subsiding to around 10 ft
by tuesday evening, then remaining near 10 ft through early
- first ebb...around 815 pm monday. seas 16 to 18 ft with
- second ebb...around 845 am tuesday. seas 15 to 17 ft with
- third ebb...around 900 pm tuesday. seas 12 to 14 ft with
* where...in the main channel of the columbia river bar.
* when...until 11 pm pdt tuesday.
* impacts...conditions will be hazardous to small craft
especially when navigating in or near harbor entrances.
small craft should use extreme caution when navigating in or near