myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1351, 1352, 1353, 1354  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then there is this:

Quote:
As part of this process, court officers had to release Trump's height and weight measurements to the public.

The former president weighed in at 270 pounds. Unsurprisingly, the NFL world rushed to Twitter to comment on this subject.

Countless fans joked about the former president having the ideal size to compete in the trenches.

Not my type says every woman in the United States.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Craig,

No, I can't say that Democrats have a lock on winning in 2024. With the country the way it is, and with the Republicans out for blood until the election, who knows what Independents and sane conservative Republicans will do.

Yet, I will say that I have hopes that enough good folks will see just how totally unfit Donald Trump is. Events over the months ahead will only prove that, but will Americans be paying attention? I certainly hope they are. That said, should Donald Trump be nominated by the Republican Party, I think that Trump would lose again.

Can Republicans regroup and rally behind another candidate? I guess that would depend on the personality, their campaign, and the issues promoted and promised. What's being offered is really pretty thin gruel. Republicans are good at being against things, but they also good at offering nothing positive and substantive that would benefit the country. We all know that they never have the wallet for stuff like that.

At this juncture, everything hinges on Donald Trump's fate.

Do you think Trump will come out on top?
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Steve,

I think as stupid and petulant as Trump is, he knows how to manipulate
the dissatisfied masses.. I was flabbergasted when he won the presidency
the 1st time , and it made me realize I was totally out of touch with what
"Americans" want. So I started looking at American dissatisfaction,
because in my bubble of technology and intellect everything looks fine.
But the "American Dream", sold as hard work improving your lot, is
probably no longer true, and a lot of people with 15 year loans on F350 4X4s
with a trailer and boat, are under a lot of stress. They were sold a bill of
goods that just isn't real, and their jobs,, if they can get them are paying
a lot less. For me (and my family) the economy is great, but for a lot of
people (plenty of whom are currently employed) it's not as easy as it
was promised.

Can Trump fix that? Not a chance. But, he can certainly drag their memory
to a past time when things looked better for them, and blame the current
administration. He will monopolize on that dissatisfaction.

I can only hope that the general public is smart enough to recognize the
flimflam, but when someone is selling you your dream, it's hard to recognize
the grift.

You asked if Trump will come out "on top" and I presume you meant with
regard to all the allegations (and charges) against him. Unless he goes
to jail, I think he will claim victory and sell his vindication to the general
public no matter how many convictions are assessed. Again, I can only
hope the general public will recognize the criminality for what it is.

-Craig

swchandler wrote:
Hi Craig,

No, I can't say that Democrats have a lock on winning in 2024. With the country the way it is, and with the Republicans out for blood until the election, who knows what Independents and sane conservative Republicans will do.

Yet, I will say that I have hopes that enough good folks will see just how totally unfit Donald Trump is. Events over the months ahead will only prove that, but will Americans be paying attention? I certainly hope they are. That said, should Donald Trump be nominated by the Republican Party, I think that Trump would lose again.

Can Republicans regroup and rally behind another candidate? I guess that would depend on the personality, their campaign, and the issues promoted and promised. What's being offered is really pretty thin gruel. Republicans are good at being against things, but they also good at offering nothing positive and substantive that would benefit the country. We all know that they never have the wallet for stuff like that.

At this juncture, everything hinges on Donald Trump's fate.

Do you think Trump will come out on top?
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I asked about Donald Trump coming out on top, I meant winning the Republican nomination. While I agree with you that he does have the kind of message that many dissatisfied Republicans want to hear, is that enough to blow away his competition? Sooner or later his competition will highlight the fact that Trump is deeply injured and will be a liability for the party. Admittedly, it's a bit early for that now, but I think that it's coming later in the year.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-york-hates-you-trump-motorcade-gets-hostile-greeting-in-nyc/ar-AA19PapG

'New York hates you': Trump motorcade gets hostile greeting in NYC

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump's motorcade arrived in New York City on Thursday to chants of "New York hates you."

Former President Donald Trump, seen here at a UFC event in Miami, is facing 34 felony counts in New York
Former President Donald Trump, seen here at a UFC event in Miami, is facing 34 felony counts in New York
© Raw Story
Trump had traveled to New York to participate in a deposition after New York Attorney General Letitia James sued him for what was called "staggering" business fraud.

A video of the greeting by protesters gathered at Trump Tower showed them chanting "New York hates you" as the former president's motorcade arrived.

Related video: 'New Y

mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always been about the grift. This is the emoluments clause--for fools, it is part of the constitution:

Quote:
no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Quote:
By Jacqueline Alemany
Updated January 4, 2024 at 10:08 a.m. EST|Published January 4, 2024 at 10:00 a.m. EST

Save
During Donald Trump’s presidency, his businesses received at least $7.8 million in payments from the foreign governments and officials of 20 countries, including China, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, according to a report released by Democrats on the House Oversight Committee.

Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.
The report argues that the payments violated the Constitution’s foreign emoluments clause, a provision that bars federal officials, including the president, from accepting money or gifts from foreign governments without permission from Congress. That clause was central to a protracted legal debate when Democrats controlled the House and sought access to Trump’s financial records. The issue eventually landed at the Supreme Court, but there was no definitive ruling on whether Trump illegally profited from his presidency. Instead, the justices in 2021 said the cases were moot because Trump no longer held office.

Three years later, Trump could win a second term as president. He’s the front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination and poised for a potential rematch against President Biden. Many recent polls show Biden trailing Trump in support nationally and in key battleground states.

When Republicans took control of the House in 2023, House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) ended the congressional investigation into Trump’s alleged violations of the emoluments clause. He also declined to enforce a court-ordered agreement that Mazars USA, Trump’s former accounting firm, produce evidence related to Trump’s financial dealings.

Before Comer’s chairmanship, Mazars had started document production and turned over a subset of documents to Oversight Committee Democrats, led by ranking Democrat Jamie Raskin (Md.). That tranche of documents showed payments by foreign governments to three Trump properties in New York, Washington and Las Vegas. Committee investigators also identified, from public records, significant spending at a fourth Trump property, Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in New York.

“These payments were made while these governments were promoting specific foreign policy goals with the Trump Administration and even, at times, with President Trump himself, and as they were requesting specific actions from the United States to advance their own national policy objectives,” according to the 155-page report released Thursday.

Comer said in a statement Thursday that it was “beyond parody that Democrats continue their obsession with former President Trump,” and that Trump has “legitimate businesses.”

According to information available to committee investigators, China made the largest total payments — $5.5 million — to Trump’s private businesses. The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), one of China’s biggest state-owned banks, was among Trump Tower’s largest office tenants during the Trump presidency. The report notes that during Trump’s first year in the White House, several Chinese banks — including ICBC — came under scrutiny for financial ties to North Korea, causing the administration to weigh sanctions against them.

Despite calls from members of his own party to implement maximum pressure against these banks to halt the North Korean nuclear program, “then-President Trump and his Administration did not take any formal action against Trump Tower tenant ICBC,” the report concludes.

Documents produced to the committee also suggest that despite Trump’s pledge to abstain from any new business deals with foreign entities while in office, the Trump Organization and Trump International Hotel in D.C. may have “continued to solicit business in China after Mr. Trump entered office.”

“In June 2017, Patricia Tang, the Director of Sales and Marketing at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., billed the hotel $1,950 as a reimbursable business expense for a ‘Hotel in China,’” investigators wrote. Tang appeared to return later that year, according to additional expense reports obtained by the committee regarding a reimbursement for “business cards printed by [redacted] for Patricia while on China Trip in November 2017” — the same month Trump made an official visit to the country.

Saudi Arabia made the second-largest sum of payments to Trump businesses while he was in office, with investigators identifying at least $615,422 spent at two Trump properties. Qatar spent $465,744 at a Trump property, and Kuwait spent $303,372, according to the report.

The report, which argues that no president besides Trump has “ever come so close to brazenly ignoring the Foreign Emoluments Clause,” recommends that Congress consider adopting measures to prevent such violations in the future.

Among the actions the report urges Congress to consider are a requirement that senior executive officials disclose to Congress the receipt of any foreign emoluments, and an “explicit procedure for presidents and senior officials to seek the requisite congressional authorization for the receipt and retention of emoluments.” The report also recommends that Congress implement a process for disclosing payments by foreign officials and lobbyists acting on behalf of foreign governments to entities in which a sitting president has a financial interest.

While Comer stymied the congressional probe into Trump, he has aggressively pursued an investigation into what he alleges was Biden’s involvement with his son’s foreign business dealings. Republicans so far have not released any direct evidence that Biden benefited from his son’s financial involvement in Ukraine or elsewhere. But the investigation has become the basis of an impeachment inquiry against Biden, which GOP lawmakers formally authorized last month.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsdbCjlZ5cQ

long documentry

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember trump running attacking about playing golf... 280 times in his presidency he was goofing around playing fake golf.

https://www.allthingsfinance.net/trumps-scotland-golf-course-continues-to-lose-money-reports-say/

Trump’s Scotland Golf Course Continues to Lose Money, Reports Say

Quote:

Trump International Golf Club Scotland lost almost one million dollars in the financial year 2022, according to recently released filings.

Hefty losses

Illustration. Image by Depositphotos.com

In 2021, Trump’s Scotland golf club lost more than $880,000. In just two years, the club lost more than $1.8 million.

Hole in the bucket

Illustration. Image credit: Shutterstock

The $1.27 million in gross profit reported for 2022 was wiped out by almost $2 million in administrative expenses.

Pending payments

Illustration. Image by Depositphotos.com

A December 2023 statement shows that the accounts for Trump’s course are overdue. A new statement, expected in February, will indicate whether the accounts remain overdue.

Not the only losses

All of Trump’s golf clubs based in Scotland lost more than $8 million in 2020 and $5.3 million in 2021, according to documents reviewed by Newsweek. The losses came despite the clubs receiving significant government subsidies and were partly driven by pandemic closures.

Money questions

Illustration. Image by Feverpitch via Depositphotos.com

Trump has poured hundreds of millions of dollars into his golf courses in Scotland. In 2020, the New York Times reported that Trump’s courses worldwide collectively lost a similar amount over two decades, but Trump’s own disclosures claim that he earned more than $500 million from them in just 18 months.

Controversial past

Image by Joseph Sohm / Shutterstock.com

Trump’s courses in Scotland, in particular, have been controversial, with locals reacting furiously to proposed expansions. Alicia Bruce, a photographer, told Huck Magazine about how locals in Aberdeenshire were “vilified” for opposing the construction of a Trump-owned course in the area in 2006.

Continued anger

In 2020, when Trump announced he would build a second course in Aberdeenshire, local opposition was again overridden. Bob Ward of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment predicted the construction would “further vandalize and destroy Scotland’s natural heritage.”

Unfulfilled promises

Image by Evan El-Amin / Shutterstock.com

According to the Guardian, Trump initially gained approval for the golfing complex by promising to create thousands of jobs. In 2020, however, only 63 employees worked at the resort.

False accounting

In September 2023, the New York Supreme Court ruled that Trump provided false valuations of the Aberdeenshire course. According to court documents, Trump valued the property based on the false claim that over 2,000 private homes could be built there. In reality, the council had only permitted 500.

Legal battles

Illustration. Image credit: Potashev Aleksandr / Shutterstock.com

The ruling is part of Trump’s ongoing legal battles in four cases. He faces a total of 91 charges across the cases.

Golf lover

While in the White House, Trump played more golf than any other president. He visited his 15 clubs 280 times while in office.

mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another loss today for agent orange. Of course he is not immune from criminal acts. Duh.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Another loss today for agent orange. Of course he is not immune from criminal acts. Duh.

Darn I was hoping Biden could send seal team 6 and take out trump the day after the election .

But you got to love the points lawyers are making, trump is campaigning he is going to go after Biden after the election yet he is claiming a president has immunity... so which is it he is immune or he is not...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1351, 1352, 1353, 1354  Next
Page 1352 of 1354

Jump to: