Latest Red Flag Warning; Fire Weather Watch by KMTR
Issued 10/18/2020 10:24 AM US/Pacific.
Valid through 10/23/2020 8:00 AM US/Pacific.
wwus86 kmtr 210405
san francisco peninsula coast-santa cruz mountains-
905 pm pdt tue oct 20 2020
...red flag warning remains in effect from 1 am thursday to 8 am
pdt friday for gusty offshore winds and dry conditions for fire
weather zones 509 and 512...
* affected area...fire weather zones 509 and 512 including the
santa cruz mountains and the san mateo coastline
* wind...north to northeast 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40
mph. winds will be strongest during the overnight hours.
locally stronger winds are possible over the higher ridges,
peaks, and passages that lead to the shoreline.
* humidity...daytime humidities gradually falling to the 12-20
percent range, even down to the coast. poor overnight humidity
recoveries in the 20-30 percent range.
* highest threat...is located from half moon bay southward as
dry winds from the mountains race down to the coast.
* impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
a red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly. a combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.