Latest Marine Weather Warning by KMFR
Issued 2/28/2021 2:04 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 3/5/2021 10:00 AM US/Pacific.
whus76 kmfr 041017
coastal waters from florence to cape blanco or out 10 nm-
coastal waters from cape blanco or to pt. st. george ca out 10 nm-
217 am pst thu mar 4 2021
...gale warning remains in effect until 10 am pst friday...
* what...south winds 20 to 35 kt with gusts 30 to 45 kt this
morning will increase to 30 to 45 kt with gusts 35 to 55 kt this
afternoon through friday morning. steep westerly 7 to 14 foot
seas will become very steep this afternoon through friday
morning peaking in the 17 to 25 foot.
* where...strong gales and very steep and hazardous seas are
expected in all areas, with storm force gusts possible,
especially near capes and headlands.
* when...winds and seas will continue to build today, peaking
this afternoon through friday morning.
* impacts...very strong winds and very steep seas could capsize,
swamp, or damage vessels. visibilities will be significantly
* view the hazard area in detail at
mariners should alter plans to avoid strong winds and very steep
seas. remain in port, seek safe harbor, alter course, and/or
secure the vessel for severe conditions.
Latest Marine Weather Warning by KPQR
Issued 2/28/2021 1:17 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 3/4/2021 10:00 PM US/Pacific.
whus76 kpqr 041544
columbia river bar-
744 am pst thu mar 4 2021
...small craft advisory remains in effect until 10 pm pst this
* what...rough bar conditions expected.
- general seas...seas 6 to 7 ft, building to 11 to 13 ft
thursday afternoon, then 15 to 17 ft tonight.
- first ebb...strong ebb around 815 am. seas near 11 ft with
- second ebb...ebb around 8 pm tonight. seas near 15 ft with
* where...in the main channel of the columbia river bar.
* when...until 10 pm pst this evening.
* impacts...conditions will be hazardous to small craft
especially when navigating in or near harbor entrances.
small craft should use extreme caution when navigating in or near