myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Board bags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Board bags Reply with quote

Anyone know of a good widestyle board bag. Formula bags are too big for my AHD. It is 270 by 77 and I am having a hard time finding a good fit.

Coachg
morwind4me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: RE: Board bags Reply with quote

Coach- I know DaKine makes a bag that is 90 by 30 wide. Does that satisfy?? 270 cm equals about 811 and 77cm equals a little over 30 (when using 2.54cm equals an inch). Lets see, Lakes Bay...dont they do custom bags? Thats always a thought too. The manufacturer should have something to offer too. Good luck!

-M-
morwind4me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: One MORE! Reply with quote

Prolimit makes one thats 275x80 and one thats 270x70(which probably wont work).
saltweb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: RE: Board bags Reply with quote

Coach!

Dude, I just went through this. Lakes Bay does make custom bags, that arent that much more than any other really high priced bag.
I almost got one, but am VERY happy that I got a Da Kine Phat Bag (renamed the DK Formula bag). The Da Kine bag is not only less expensive than the Lakes Bay or Epic (the other alternative) but it couldnt be better made. I think its the nicest looking piece of equipment I own right now. There are a few different sizes of the DK bag - 9 & 96 & maybe one other size. The 9 bag perfectly fits my custom Roberts Formula, with a little room to spare for the AVS flap tail. Now, my board is a 92, so maybe if you have a 100 cm wide board, you want the bigger bag. I actually found the bag (barely) used from a very nice chap in Wisconsin. He wrote back after I posted almost the same message that you did, about a month ago.

Big Winds has the bag. Those guys are super nice, they even pulled out the bag and measured the inside of it for me.

A few of the nice features of the DK bag are that its got high quality zippers, two handles (around where the mast step goes) so that you can carry it under your arm like a huge poster portfolio, good reflective material on top, really durable cordura on the bottom, and sidewalls (for that slab-sided board). Its so nice not worrying anymore about damaging my board off the water. Now I can carry it with ease and put it down anywhere. All I need to go with the bag is a van.
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: RE: One MORE! Reply with quote

I went to the Prolimit web site, and the Fusion bag is near perfect. There was an email address listed @gorge.net. I hope I have success. Thanks for the lead.
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: RE: Board bags Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Peter, but the formula bags are too wide. Im going to try to take a look at the Prolimit.
Landysails

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: RE: Board bags Reply with quote

Call Joe Dill at Davenport Surfsail 831-429-6051. He makes great custom ones that are inexpensive. Tell him Brian Landy sent you and hell give you a good deal.

Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: