myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sailing in Santa Barbara

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:46 am    Post subject: Sailing in Santa Barbara Reply with quote

Any good slalom sailing in the Santa Barbara area. I have to go down there later in August for my daughters soccer tourney. I would like to go down early and do some sailing if possible. I will be staying in Bulleton and I see there is a lake near by. Any help would be nice. Thanks.
kencarp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Sailing in Santa Barbara Reply with quote

August is pretty tame for wind in SB. Much better during our spring clearing winds. Jalama is worth a go if youre lucky and the wind moves into the beach, but this time of year the wind could stay out in the channel. C street in Ventura is a bit more of a trek but can get fun in the afternoon. Drive even further and Leo Carrillo can blow until dark. Leds in Santa Barbara is really good for kiting or HUGE slalom gear. Keep abreast of the pager and good luck. KP
Windlover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Sailing in Santa Barbara Reply with quote

Hey Coachg,
Not sure where the best coastal access would be. Lake Cachuma is just a bit north and can be good. Check out the post and links on this page.
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: RE: Sailing in Santa Barbara Reply with quote

KP,
I have a 10.5 and an 8.5 sail, so Ledbetter might work out. Thanks for the advice.

Windlover,
I am getting mixed messages on Lake Cachuma. One of the posts I read said that they were trying to get access to it. Is it open or not to windsurfing?
Windlover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: RE: Sailing in Santa Barbara Reply with quote

Not sure what the current status is. I know that it is considered a drinking water source and at one time had closed it to human occupancy. They allowed fishing with only electric motors and sail boats. That was about 8 years ago when I was working in central CA. Might try checking with the SB chamber of commerce or local forestry dept.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: