myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Way to Go California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
Take a vacation to Duplin, NC? Really? That is like asking us to change our avatars to look like yours slogger. Slow & stupid. Um,... No thanks.

On a side note, it was your boyfriend who started this post.

Coachg

Whatever you say, coach Jim Mc'G'

I'd say the response time was the (last of many) dead givaway(s) .. that and you "both" 'don't eat fast food' ... yawn.

I hate to admit it, but my odds now favor monkey-face, if anyone, as most likely to be a unique human, out of the 4 of "you" Shocked
coachg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG. Are you still stuck on the side effects of too much alcohol? Still seeing double? Still think you are Sherlock Holmes chasing down conspiracy theories? Or just like your avatar; slow & stupid.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Coachg
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
MikeLaRonde wrote:
mac wrote:

Please, please, please—stay in North Carolina, and keep brainwashing yourself. In California, we try to teach people to think for themselves.

I've got a suggestion for all you Californicators. Why not take a vacation to Duplin County, NC, and take up skydiving ... without a parachute!

Hey, you never know, you could get lucky and land in a large pool outside a luxury motel ...

When conservatives are out thought—a very low bar—they often threaten violence. Like Still water, nothing insightful or clever to say.

Now now, Mr. Waters (plural, remember? It was your idea.) I see you forgot to zoom in on "Coach", and notice the emblem on his shirt. All he has to do is hit the communicator, and beam all you libtards back to the USSC, before impact ...
Still-Waters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
MikeLaRonde wrote:
mac wrote:

Please, please, please—stay in North Carolina, and keep brainwashing yourself. In California, we try to teach people to think for themselves.

I've got a suggestion for all you Californicators. Why not take a vacation to Duplin County, NC, and take up skydiving ... without a parachute!

Hey, you never know, you could get lucky and land in a large pool outside a luxury motel ...

When conservatives are out thought—a very low bar—they often threaten violence. Like Still water, nothing insightful or clever to say.

I didn't know that clever or insightful was sending the thread on a totally unrelated tangent about pig farms and pig shit. I didn't hear you trying to keep the thread on course. Of course you did pepper the thread with your usual condescending bullshit. I'd suggest you travel a bit outside of your piss scented state, and go to visit NC for yourself. I was just there, and it was quite beautiful. I guess that one has to choose whether they'd like to smell pig shit, which I never witnessed, or human urine and feces, which I did smell recently in my trip to SF. So many choices.
But ya, Dean's response was him being his stereotypical "fucking idiot" self, which for some reason we never hear you complain about, OR his completely biased sources. So again, you really should shut the fuck up hypocrite.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pick on California because it's an example of where liberal leadership can take you. Adding the $20 minimum wage mandate for fast-food workers and the potential layoffs to the already high unemployment, will only amplify the crisis below.

From the LA Times:

Quote:
California’s massive budget deficit, coupled with the state’s relatively high level of joblessness, has become a major barrier to reducing the billions of dollars of debt it has incurred to pay unemployment benefits.

The surge in unemployment brought on by the COVID pandemic pushed the state’s unemployment insurance trust into insolvency. And over the last year California’s joblessness has been on the upswing again, reaching 5.3% in February, the highest among all states. The March job numbers come out Friday.

To keep the safety-net program operating at a time when the taxes paid by employers and earmarked for jobless benefits are insufficient, Sacramento has been borrowing billions of dollars from the federal government. The debt now stands at about $21 billion and growing, an increasing burden for state deficit fighters and for the businesses that pay into the jobless insurance program.
Payroll taxes paid by employers are rising not only to cover payouts to unemployed workers but also a state surcharge and a gradually increasing federal surtax to help pay off the principal on the debt. But the tax increases are not enough to deal with the huge loan the state has incurred, or at least not in any timely manner.

California already has paid more than $650 million in interest on the loan — and another approximately $550 million is due on Sept. 30.

Read more at:

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2024-04-18/california-borrowed-billions-to-pay-jobless-benefits-but-now-its-come-home-to-roost
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I pick on California because it's an example of where liberal leadership can take you. Adding the $20 minimum wage mandate for fast-food workers and the potential layoffs to the already high unemployment

Then you should have no problem when we point out examples of where conservative leadership can take you; higher murder rates, higher suicide rates, higher mortality rates, higher infant mortality rates.

You are okay with higher murder rates but not minimum wages. I am okay with higher minimum wages but not murder rates. It's called freedom of choice. I embrace it, why don't you? Or is freedom just another thing conservatives pretend to want?

Coachg
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
techno900 wrote:
I pick on California because it's an example of where liberal leadership can take you. Adding the $20 minimum wage mandate for fast-food workers and the potential layoffs to the already high unemployment

Then you should have no problem when we point out examples of where conservative leadership can take you; higher murder rates, higher suicide rates, higher mortality rates, higher infant mortality rates.

You are okay with higher murder rates but not minimum wages. I am okay with higher minimum wages but not murder rates. It's called freedom of choice. I embrace it, why don't you? Or is freedom just another thing conservatives pretend to want?

Coachg

Some see it differently:

Quote:
The twenty cities with the highest violent crime rates (number of incidents per 100,000 people) are:

St. Louis, MO (2,082)
Detroit, MI (2,057)
Baltimore, MD (2,027)
Memphis, TN (2,003)
Little Rock, AR (1,634)
Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
Rockford, IL (1,588)
Cleveland, OH (1,557)
Stockton, CA (1,415)
Albuquerque, NM (1,369)
Springfield, MO (1,339)
Indianapolis, IN (1,334)
Oakland, CA (1,299)
San Bernardino, CA (1,291)
Anchorage, AK (1,203)
Nashville, TN (1,138)
Lansing, MI (1,136)
New Orleans, LA (1,121)
Minneapolis, MN (1,101)
Chicago, IL (1,099)

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-city-rankings/most-violent-cities-in-america
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Some see it differently:

Quote:
The twenty cities with the highest violent crime rates (number of incidents per 100,000 people) are:

St. Louis, MO (2,082)
Detroit, MI (2,057)
Baltimore, MD (2,027)
Memphis, TN (2,003)
Little Rock, AR (1,634)
Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
Rockford, IL (1,588)
Cleveland, OH (1,557)
Stockton, CA (1,415)
Albuquerque, NM (1,369)
Springfield, MO (1,339)
Indianapolis, IN (1,334)
Oakland, CA (1,299)
San Bernardino, CA (1,291)
Anchorage, AK (1,203)
Nashville, TN (1,138)
Lansing, MI (1,136)
New Orleans, LA (1,121)
Minneapolis, MN (1,101)
Chicago, IL (1,099)

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-city-rankings/most-violent-cities-in-america

Some don't.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/homicide_mortality/homicide.htm

Coachg
Still-Waters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you don't consider homelessness in those states who claim to be "empathetic" as their virtue. Of course, only in a signalling type of way.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno continues to lead with the story that cities are dangerous because Democrats are in charge, But no place in many red states is safe.

No insight offered—or expected. Back to fast foods. The percentage loss of jobs—elided by Techno because it doesn’t fit his rant—is under 1%.

How many fast food workers in North Carolina—or Mississippi or Alabama—need food stamps to survive?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: