myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Way to Go California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
You forgot one Mac. The North Carolina HB2 law. Right up Techno's alley.

https://www.cc.com/video/emmbcg/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-putting-north-carolina-s-anti-lgbt-law-to-the-test

Coachg

You have got to be kidding. A bill passed in 2016 and repealed in 2017 is the best you have? And the story from a late-night TV show? What a wild concept, keep trans women (men) out of ladies' bathrooms.

Quote:
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper holds a news conference after the state General Assembly passed a repeal of HB2, also known as the “bathroom bill.”

North Carolina legislators on Thursday passed a bill that repeals the state’s controversial HB2, which had required residents to use the restroom that corresponds with the sex on their birth certificate.

The new bill, HB142, passed the Senate with a 70-48 vote.

HB2 — passed last year in response to a local ordinance in Charlotte that allowed transgender people to use the bathroom of their choice — drew fierce criticism across the country for setting restrictions on LGBTQ protections.
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
techno900 wrote:
I could quote a dozen other sources for this issue, but you know the truth. I will take a few overflowing pig waste ponds (cleaned up) to all the crap going on in Calif.

Cleaned up? When pigs outnumber humans 30:1, you’d think they would actually need to clean up their shit. Not yet. Lagoons were banned 20 years ago. But…https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/23003487/north-carolina-hog-pork-bacon-farms-environmental-racism-black-residents-pollution-meat-industry

https://www.southernenvironment.org/news/the-sinister-hog-industry-of-eastern-north-carolina/

Techno thinks his shit doesn’t stink—because all he can smell is pig shit.

Granted, NC has a hog waste problem, but so does every hog farm in the country. No easy answers, but NC's issue is in rural eastern NC where few have to experience the negative side of hog waste. As long as folks buy pork and bacon, there will be problems. No easy or practical solutions so far. Of course, Calif. is paying more for pork and buying less because of their new hog farm law. Good for the pigs, not so good for the consumer.

Now that all of you have dodged the initial issue - $20 min. wage in Calif, what is your opinion? Too chicken shit to respond? Maybe that should be "pig shit"
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Now that all of you have dodged the initial issue - $20 min. wage in Calif, what is your opinion? Too chicken shit to respond? Maybe that should be "pig shit"

I don't eat fast food so I don't have an opinion. A better question is why do you think you have a right to an opinion on California policies?

If you want more up to date North Carolina redneckville; here you go.

https://www.hrc.org/press-releases/breaking-north-carolina-legislators-override-gov-coopers-veto-of-three-anti-lgbtq-bills

I posted that video earlier because if you would have watched to the very end the last thing he said was so appropriate. "At the end of the day we let everyone off the hook & we gave them free barbeque. Because what we did was kinda f#cked up. I mean, these people have to live in North Carolina, and that is stressful enough."

Coachg
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno... nobody's dodging anything .. Obviously we are fine w it, and so is one of the most profitable businesses in the state .. Why don't you go interview the chieftains at In - N-Out , rather than bury your snout in a Hoover study ..
mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
mac wrote:
techno900 wrote:
I could quote a dozen other sources for this issue, but you know the truth. I will take a few overflowing pig waste ponds (cleaned up) to all the crap going on in Calif.

Cleaned up? When pigs outnumber humans 30:1, you’d think they would actually need to clean up their shit. Not yet. Lagoons were banned 20 years ago. But…https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/23003487/north-carolina-hog-pork-bacon-farms-environmental-racism-black-residents-pollution-meat-industry

https://www.southernenvironment.org/news/the-sinister-hog-industry-of-eastern-north-carolina/

Techno thinks his shit doesn’t stink—because all he can smell is pig shit.

Granted, NC has a hog waste problem, but so does every hog farm in the country. No easy answers, but NC's issue is in rural eastern NC where few have to experience the negative side of hog waste. As long as folks buy pork and bacon, there will be problems. No easy or practical solutions so far. Of course, Calif. is paying more for pork and buying less because of their new hog farm law. Good for the pigs, not so good for the consumer.

Hog shit. Techno is willing to overlook the control that “Big Pig” has over pig shit, because it keeps the barbecue cheap and the impacts are only on a few people. As my posts showed, mostly poor and black people.

I answered your chicken shit posting—but you don’t read. Yes, I am comfortable with charging corporations for the cost of their business practices, rather than transferring those costs to poor and suffering neighbors, taxpayers, or employees who must get food stamps to survive. Yes, I am comfortable about raising the minimum wage for California fast food workers because the cost of living—and the quality of life—is much higher in California. I don’t eat fast food—so I can still windsurf in my 76th year.

Please, please, please—stay in North Carolina, and keep brainwashing yourself. In California, we try to teach people to think for themselves.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Way to Go California Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
https://www.hoover.org/research/california-loses-nearly-10000-fast-food-jobs-after-20-minimum-wage-signed-last-fall

is this a source that never went after Trumps pecker?

Hey does ted cruz have 2 heads and is his father really with Oswald... or was ted with 5 prostitutes.

and you are saying your source backed up trumps pecker lies...

Still-Waters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Way to Go California Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
techno900 wrote:
https://www.hoover.org/research/california-loses-nearly-10000-fast-food-jobs-after-20-minimum-wage-signed-last-fall

is this a source that never went after Trumps pecker?

Hey does ted cruz have 2 heads and is his father really with Oswald... or was ted with 5 prostitutes.

and you are saying your source backed up trumps pecker lies...

What a fucking idiot!
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Please, please, please—stay in North Carolina, and keep brainwashing yourself. In California, we try to teach people to think for themselves.

I've got a suggestion for all you Californicators. Why not take a vacation to Duplin County, NC, and take up skydiving ... without a parachute!

Hey, you never know, you could get lucky and land in a large pool outside a luxury motel ...
coachg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a vacation to Duplin, NC? Really? That is like asking us to change our avatars to look like yours slogger. Slow & stupid. Um,... No thanks.

On a side note, it was your boyfriend who started this post.

Coachg
mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeLaRonde wrote:
mac wrote:

I've got a suggestion for all you Californicators. Why not take a vacation to Duplin County, NC, and take up skydiving ... without a parachute!

Hey, you never know, you could get lucky and land in a large pool outside a luxury motel ...

When conservatives are out thought—a very low bar—they often threaten violence. Like Still water, nothing insightful or clever to say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: