myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
what are great 2 year old transition or long boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sayyesgg@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: what are great 2 year old transition or long boards Reply with quote

i have a bat i bought new,, it has been great as a long board, with a dagger board, but it is old , and the old narrow style. I sailed , to intermediate short board , to the Gorge, but basically sailed a mistral screamer 103 Liters,, years past , i broke my shoulder and , i have begun sailing the bat but i do not need a brand new thousand dollar board , but something sort of modern 2 -5years old,, i am imagining

Something WIDER than the Bat, and lighter,, what is the modern right choice
i think a dagger board to be able to go up wind in light wind

if i were to sail a short board, i would probably use 120liters now? i am 68
and i would like to know what board i should be looking for?
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you see new boards fr $1000? You neglect to state your weight. Nor sail size used
I don’t think you need a dagger .
Since used, a few years old, a restriction on a certain board is unrealistic, but possible.
Same with liters. 125–145.
Any number of boards, just one Tabou Rocket.
Joined in 1998, first post, where do you be hiding

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
LUCARO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kona One was a popular board about 10 years ago, center board, straps, wide and planed pretty good. There were other versions of the kona without the centreboard that arguably sailed better.

The windsurfer LT is a new longboard that seems to go pretty good according to videos. No straps though.

There have been many versions of wide beginner boards with centreboards sold over the years by different manufacturers. They tend to come and go.

Are you looking specifically for a longboard or did the broken shoulder force you from the screamer to the longboard. Maybe you just need a modern wide shortboard with some volume?
sayyesgg@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Long board Reply with quote

Lucaro, thank you

the Kona One, great i will look at it,
I carried the bat to the water and thought if my shoulder can do that, ? so i learned to sail little sail boats, and began teaching in little sailboats and with Novice boards, for beginners so i windsurfed some with a harness but a novice board,, i am not sure about my shoulder for water start,,

so i like the idea of the kona one.. i figure if i keep sailing might go to a larger volume short board if i could uphaul it and if i seem to be able to waterstart or ,
i prefer to sail a large long board sometimes to a small sail boat, like a laser is just too much trouble,,, so much easier for me to use a sailboard
THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTIon
LUCARO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Long board Reply with quote

sayyesgg@gmail.com wrote:
Lucaro, thank you

the Kona One, great i will look at it,
I carried the bat to the water and thought if my shoulder can do that, ? so i learned to sail little sail boats, and began teaching in little sailboats and with Novice boards, for beginners so i windsurfed some with a harness but a novice board,, i am not sure about my shoulder for water start,,

so i like the idea of the kona one.. i figure if i keep sailing might go to a larger volume short board if i could uphaul it and if i seem to be able to waterstart or ,
i prefer to sail a large long board sometimes to a small sail boat, like a laser is just too much trouble,,, so much easier for me to use a sailboard
THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTIon

PS the kona one is pretty heavy 40lbs There was a carbon version, called the carbone which was a bit lighter, if you can stumble across one of those used it could be worth the extra $ versus the regular kona. There is one for sale on iwindsurf in California somewhere
sayyesgg@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: viper 75 or 80? Reply with quote

what about the Viper 75 or 80 they look good?
LUCARO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: viper 75 or 80? Reply with quote

sayyesgg@gmail.com wrote:
what about the Viper 75 or 80 they look good?

Yeah could work well. Never tried one myself

Also check out the phantom free by starboard
grantmac017

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viper is the same or heavier than the Kona.

Any time a board has a center board it adds a lot of weight.

I've have had some bad shoulder injuries and surgery. Waterstarting is much easier on it than uphauling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: