myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
My experience with Duotone wing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skonoplev

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: My experience with Duotone wing. Reply with quote

I have never tried other brands, so I could not compare them to Duotone. However, I am very happy with my 5 meter Duotone wing.
I consider myself an intermediate windsurfer (I feel comfortable in both foot straps, could do a fast tack and planning jibe, but never jumped), so for me the transition to a wing was very easy: I was able to jibe (non-foiling) at the end of my first day. The boom makes a hand transition and fine-tuning very easy and intuitive. The wing is very easy to transport on the airplane (which is regretfully not so relevant nowadays): you could either use an original Duotone bag or (if you are a cheap person like myself and do not want to pay for an extra piece of luggage) you could put a wing in a large regular suitcase. A boom is a little bit long, but I was able to fit it in my bag for Naish One inflatable SUP. If you put a wing in a suitcase, I strongly recommend to remove battens and keep them separately (I did not do it on my way back from Cabarete and broke 2 of 3 battens).
Please note that Duotone has announced the second generation of wings including larger sizes (6 and 7 meters) along with a corresponding larger boom. The new larger boom fits sizes 5-7 while old boom fits size 5 and smaller. If you live in places like Texas where the wind is usually do not exceed 15-20 knots, you might want to start with a larger boom (I have already ordered 7 meter wing, for which I need to get a new boom).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: