myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Slingshot Wizard 125, 2018 vs 2020. Any difference?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motogon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Slingshot Wizard 125, 2018 vs 2020. Any difference? Reply with quote

Anybody has experience with both Wizards, 2018 and 2020? Is there any difference beside color? They both look same to me.
Asking for friend! Wink

LUCARO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Slingshot Wizard 125, 2018 vs 2020. Any difference? Reply with quote

starik333 wrote:
Anybody has experience with both Wizards, 2018 and 2020? Is there any difference beside color? They both look same to me.
Asking for friend! Wink

Pretty certain the shape is the same. I did hear that the blue/green versions were slightly beefier construction and therefore heavier
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call Slingshot and ask them.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same shapes.

2018 were blue and green. built really solid and have a funky fin box style mast track with a center slot of the tab. did not come with footstraps

2019 are the current color way. about 2-3lbs lighter than 2018. also the rear footstrap plugs are moved forward an inch or two, and the mast track is a regular mast track that you'd get in any normal windsurf board. also these boards come with footstraps

2020 is the same shape. one difference is the vent screw which is now a phillips metal screw like a Cobra-made board instead of the big plastic slot screw that was in the 18's and 19's.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
motogon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kevin!
atlas.wave55

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, do you know if the 2018 and 2019/20 are made at a different factory.

Interesting the small differences between the boards. I've never had a plastic vent plug. Could you change out the plastic plug to a cobra metal plug or is there a weird size/thread pitch on the 2018 and '19s?

I assume the plastic ones can break easy and lead to leaks. When your paying $2000US for a board it should come with a metal vent plug Confused
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of over 50 Windsurf boards I've owned, 47 with plastic vent screws, NONE failed.
I replace metal vent screws with plastic ones from the old boards I get rid of.
motogon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:

2019 are the current color way. about 2-3lbs lighter than 2018.

What is actual weight of Wizard 125?

dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Slingshot Wizard 125, 2018 vs 2020. Any difference? Reply with quote

starik333 wrote:
Asking for friend! Wink

I wonder who builds the Slingshot boards? Not that it matters too much but the 125 felt very heavy and this post is not too reassuring https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Foiling/Inside-of-a-SlingShot-105

But besides the board, tell your friend to consider Moses for the foil. They have much better quality and offer top of the line carbon masts (85-95-105), wings (freeride/wave, freestyle/freerace, race), and aluminum masts (75-95) that with the same carbon wings bring the price down very significantly https://www.sailworks.com/the-gear/foiling/moses-vento-75-aluminum-windfoil.html.

I got mine from Sailworks. Kevin you should carry Moses!

Last edited by dvCali on Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
LUCARO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Slingshot Wizard 125, 2018 vs 2020. Any difference? Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
starik333 wrote:
Asking for friend! Wink

I wonder who builds the Slingshot boards? Not that it matters too much but the 125 felt very heavy and this post is not too reassuring https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Foiling/Inside-of-a-SlingShot-105

There are lots of wizards out there, getting lots of miles, and I haven't run into anyone who has had problems with the box. The only damage mine took was the nose, from me beating the crap out of it while learning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: