myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump voters.

By
DeNeen L. Brown
July 18, 2020 at 6:07 a.m. PDT
TULSA — A group of white anti-mask demonstrators jeered a black pastor outside Tulsa’s City Hall this week as he demanded reparations for the 1921 race massacre.
The confrontation took place Wednesday as the Rev. Robert Turner delivered his weekly message about the need for reparations for one of the worst episodes of racial violence new mask ordinance swarmed him, poured water on him and grabbed at his bullhorn.
A video shows the group shouting, “USA! USA! USA!” as Turner began his sermon explaining the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre, which left as many as 300 black people dead and leveled a 40-square block area of the all-black community of Greenwood.
On Monday, Tulsa broke ground in its search for suspected mass graves from the century-old massacre.
A century after a race massacre, Tulsa finally digs for suspected mass graves

Turner, senior pastor of the historic Vernon AME Church in Greenwood, has come to City Hall each Wednesday for more than two years to protest the massacre and demand reparations for survivors and descendants.

“A racist mob of white people descended on Greenwood and dropped a bomb on Greenwood and killed black people,” Turner shouted in the bullhorn. “And not one of those angry, racist thugs was charged with a crime. God sits high and looks low.”
As Turner continued his sermon, the group of white demonstrators mocked him, with one asking if he took credit cards and another warning that he was “the sign of the beast.”
As the group jeered, Turner shouted: “You care more about a face mask than you do justice, than you do for people whose bodies are still in mass graves.”
One white man shouted, “My ancestors freed your people.” Another shouted, “You are a baldfaced liar.” One white man, wearing a red hat, screamed in Turner’s right ear. Two women are seen in the video grabbing Turner’s left arm.
Tulsa Police Communications Officer Jeanne Pierce told The Post that the department has not determined whether a police report about the incident was filed. “If a report is not filed,” Pierce said, “there will be no investigation.”

Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum, a Republican, denounced the attack on Turner.
“The plaza in front of City Hall belongs to every Tulsan, and every Tulsan should feel welcome to make their voice heard in that space,” Bynum said. “Reverend Turner and I have had our differences of opinion, but I will always support his right to express that opinion. I encourage all crime victims to file a report with the Tulsa Police Department so they can follow up accordingly.”
The anti-mask protests followed a vote by the city council approving an ordinance requiring that face coverings be worn in public settings in Tulsa, where covid-19 cases have spiked. The mask ordinance passed weeks after President Trump appeared in Tulsa at a campaign rally that drew more than 6,000 people to an indoor arena, where few wore masks.
During an interview inside the historic Vernon AME Church, Turner said he was not physically injured but said someone in the group poured liquid on him.
“I hope it was water,” Turner said, standing outside the sanctuary where black people sought refuge during the massacre.

“A lady grabbed my shoulder,” he said. “But as a black man, I couldn’t grab my arm back because if I do that it is going to be seen as a threat.”
Turner said he felt surrounded: “I saw a small glimpse of what it must have felt like on the [slave] auction block. As a black man, people poking and prodding you.”
Turner said one man insulted him by throwing money at him.
“I won’t get any reparations from the race massacre,” Turner explained. “I’m not from Tulsa. I’m from Alabama. It’s not for me. It’s for the people in this community, who have seen so much damage and suffering. And then for people to call you ‘boy’ and ‘Get out of here you, liar.’ And then the look in their eyes was just so hateful.”
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a religious man, but I love this woman, she totally get it about BLM.
Watch it if you have the guts. We need more like her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB0QmEFatxA
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's OK for the mayor to deface the street with his anti-police message, but a non-aggressive protester FOR the police trying to restore the street to its original color gets arrested? It's OK to burn down family businesses and beat or even kill the owners, but not to repaint an asphalt street to its "natural" color? It's OK to paint graffiti on private and government property, but not to restore public property to its original color? The federal government has no right to defend federal property?

Maybe -- if this country is to survive and if it contains enough voters with IQs -- these sorry-assed, anti-American, liberal (oops, I'm getting redundant redundant), city and state "ideopathetic" so-called "leaders" will finally get voted out and restore the Republic to some semblance of sanity. If so, that's the ONLY good thing to come out of all this BLM and Antifa-based rioting.

Anyone whose response to this is nothing more substantive than mac's "You're a racist moron" or Pelosi's dismissive "It's what they do" deserves what's coming to your neighborhood if you don't join this lady in resisting these rioters (many or most of whom never heard of George Floyd) and/or voting their supporters out of office.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
So it's OK for the mayor to deface the street with his anti-police message, but a non-aggressive protester FOR the police trying to restore the street to its original color gets arrested? It's OK to burn down family businesses and beat or even kill the owners, but not to repaint an asphalt street to its "natural" color? It's OK to paint graffiti on private and government property, but not to restore public property to its original color? The federal government has no right to defend federal property?

Maybe -- if this country is to survive and if it contains enough voters with IQs -- these sorry-assed, anti-American, liberal (oops, I'm getting redundant redundant), city and state "ideopathetic" so-called "leaders" will finally get voted out and restore the Republic to some semblance of sanity. If so, that's the ONLY good thing to come out of all this BLM and Antifa-based rioting.

Anyone whose response to this is nothing more substantive than mac's "You're a racist moron" or Pelosi's dismissive "It's what they do" deserves what's coming to your neighborhood if you don't join this lady in resisting these rioters (many or most of whom never heard of George Floyd) and/or voting their supporters out of office.

A classic case of the inability to think rationally and live in a world of any complexity. Defacing a legally permitted street sign is no different than removing a confederate statue. The only difference is the politics of those taking the action. Both are fundamentally different than burning businesses or spraying graffiti on public or private property. The latter are crimes, and using the two events in a single sentence to try to make a political point simply destroys your credibility.

The government has the right to protect government property. It doesn't have the right to run around in unmarked cars and accost people walking after dark. It doesn't have the right to use deadly force in response to misdemeanors. It is amazing to me how self-described "libertarians" favor unconstitutional behavior when they disagree with the political opinion of those being harassed.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, not a word from standard media or from right wingers objecting to armed folks protesting stay at home orders in North Carolina. Well beyond nutty.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article242786596.html
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the fundamental level, I have absolutely no CLUE why on earth anyone, whether a POTUS, governor, mayor, or a man in the street would want fewer or no cops on the job. All the above have to know that the problem is not cops in general but rogue cops who are usually deservedly prosecuted when warranted; the other 98% (?) cover our asses if they can respond in time. When "in time" is not soon enough, being legally armed and trained is our alternative.

I have to guess that one reason ... no, excuse ... is that many politicians consider their power more important than our safety AND believe that 51% of voters are and will remain idiots and criminals right out of Mad Max.

Another reason might be abject cowardice. They thought their job was going to be pressers, paperwork, pomp, pageantry, and power, not dealing with armed mobs bent on destroying our way of life in the same way they have destroyed so many prosperous nations throughout history.

A third excuse definitely is the total BS the gullible public is being fed by the lamestream media about widespread unprosecuted police brutality against peaceful protestors.

Then, of course, there are some people who simply can't comprehend the reality that some people are evil and need to be stopped by whatever means are necessary. We had a candidate in USAF Officer Training School who convincingly admitted that he wouldn't use deadly force to prevent the rape or slaughter of his wife and children, let alone to defend his country or his fellow military troops. Since all of us were subject to being called into combat on moment's notice, they couldn't just give him a desk job, so he quickly disappeared from OTS. We never heard how and into what he was discharged and what burdens it imposed in future career endeavors.

Now that Biden has "hired" Beto (answered an eager and revealing "Yes" to "Will you confiscate the public's guns?" before covering his ass with an unconvincing "at least the AK-47s") O'Rourke to disarm us to a significant degree and openly supports in his speeches dramatic defunding of the police, a vote for him is a vote against your safety downtown and in your home.

At least Pelosi would have some company:
https://youtu.be/AArsrcX6yCs
vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a video clip released Friday by Fox News, "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace previewed his interview with President Donald Trump, in which he fact-checked Trump in real time by questioning his assertion that Joe Biden wants to "abolish" the police.

In the interview, Trump accused Democrats of running major cities "poorly," and then went on to repeat his campaign's lie that the former VP and presumptive Democratic Party nominee for president wants to rid the country of police.

"Sir, he does not," Wallace shot back.

Trump doubled down, saying Biden had "signed a charter" with Sen. Bernie Sanders, a reference to a 110-page document with policy recommendations crafted by allies of the former vice president and his former rival for the presidency.

"It says nothing about defunding the police," Wallace pointed out. Trump wasn't having it, responding, "Oh really? It says abolish, it says. Let's go, get me the charter, please."

The video clip stopped there. But when Wallace previewed his Sunday interview with Fox anchor Bill Hemmer, he offered a hint as to what happened next.

Wallace said Trump "went through" the charter and "found a lot of things that he objected to that Biden has agreed to, but couldn't find any indication -- because there isn't any -- that Joe Biden has sought to defund and abolish the police."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/media/chris-wallace-trump-fact-check-fox/index.html
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then there is Roger Stone.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had 40 hours in my days, WANTED to get my ass kicked, and had ANY faith in the appropriate mayor to do her job (i.e., protect me from getting my ass kicked), I'd be PEACEFULLY merging with PEACEFUL BLM protesters with some of my equally insightful signs, such as:

The sun comes up in the east.

UP is this way [followed by an UP arrow].

2+2=4.

What's your point?

Who said they don't?

Do you REALLY want your home town to look like Seattle, Portland, St. Louis, Minneapolis, etc. have for months now?

So because a few rogue cops have killed a few unarmed black people, you want to abolish police protection altogether?

Then who ya gonna call?

You have dialed 9-1-1. Sorry [snicker heard], but that number is no longer in service. Call Dial-a-Prayer, 'cause you don't have one.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
If I had 40 hours in my days, WANTED to get my ass kicked, and had ANY faith in the appropriate mayor to do her job (i.e., protect me from getting my ass kicked), I'd be PEACEFULLY merging with PEACEFUL BLM protesters with some of my equally insightful signs, such as:

The sun comes up in the east.

UP is this way [followed by an UP arrow].

2+2=4.

What's your point?

Who said they don't?

Do you REALLY want your home town to look like Seattle, Portland, St. Louis, Minneapolis, etc. have for months now?

So because a few rogue cops have killed a few unarmed black people, you want to abolish police protection altogether?

Then who ya gonna call?

You have dialed 9-1-1. Sorry [snicker heard], but that number is no longer in service. Call Dial-a-Prayer, 'cause you don't have one.

You need to get a job with the Trump campaign.

Bad cops have persisted over the years and been given cover if not covered up entirely by bad union protectionism.
The current situation is the finality of enough is enough.
Unfortunately there are others trying to hijack the peaceful protests and turning it into some kind of occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. (The current occupant doesn't really help curb the division in society).

So yeah it's bad and should not be as bad as it is.
Left vs. right, conservative vs liberal, white vs. black, rich vs. poor, represented (heavily represented by lobbyists) vs. unrepresented (general middle class population).

For the divider in chief it's all about him and it's all about votes. He'll do anything to get an edge in the election.

Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.

Sometimes 2+2 does not equal 4!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 445 of 457

Jump to: