myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
You idiots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 137, 138, 139  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Here's reality

(pic of GDP vs. USD expenditure)

Bingo. This sure seems to correlate with the difference between the absolute (dismal) and relative (ok for now) recent change in the true value of USD.

For example! Despite the awesome average rainfall that the NE gets, many communities have poor quality tap water. So, bottled water is an essential commodity.
My favorite reasonably priced water comes from upstate NY. One gallon of "Crystal Geyser", in 2019, was between 89 and 99 cents. Now almost $2, or about a 90% increase. Of course, part, if not most, of the cost may be the plastic containers, and that could be (in theory) where a supply squeeze is occurring.

I'm not buying it just yet (the theory). I say the cost of EVERYTHING is up, including materials, labor, production, and logistics.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeLaRonde wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Here's reality

Bingo. This sure seems to correlate with the difference between the absolute (dismal) and relative (ok for now) recent change in the true value of USD.

For example! Despite the awesome average rainfall that the NE gets, many communities have poor quality tap water. So, bottled water is an essential commodity.
My favorite reasonably priced water comes from upstate NY. One gallon of "Crystal Geyser", in 2019, was between 89 and 99 cents. Now almost $2, or about a 90% increase. Of course, part, if not most, of the cost may be the plastic containers, and that could be (in theory) where a supply squeeze is occurring.

I'm not buying it just yet (the theory). I say the cost of EVERYTHING is up, including materials, labor, production, and logistics.

Under trump the race to inflation was started, the cost of wood went up by 3-4 times in some areas. Thanks trump for hyper inflation start that trickles out all over...

https://www.vantrumpreport.com/2020/08/20/whats-the-real-story-on-soaring-lumber-prices/

MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so

Last edited by MikeLaRonde on Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
mac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess schlogger is also all in on Putin and Russian interference.
Still-Waters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
MikeLaRonde wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Here's reality

Under trump the race to inflation was started, the cost of wood went up by 3-4 times in some areas. Thanks trump for hyper inflation start that trickles out all over...

https://www.vantrumpreport.com/2020/08/20/whats-the-real-story-on-soaring-lumber-prices/

The soft wood lumber dispute, ya that's been going on since 1982. Hey, but you run with that narrative. I'm sure MSNBC or CNN told you that was all Trumps fault and you run with it. Next.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Here's reality

So Steve...In four years tRump tacked $8.2TR onto the US debt, what did the GDP cost then ? Real GDP was less than 2% average from 2017-2021? Lets see that math please??? My guess is 4, or 5-1
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeLaRonde wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Here's reality

Schlogzilla.. for 40 years , as we moved more and more of our manufacturing to China, prices collapsed. Now, with tariffs, on- shoring , and massive liquidity from Covid, prices are up. But guess what? American consumers are still spending .. Why? 3.8% unemployment , rising wages, and the fact that most Americans are locked into A sub 3% mortgage.
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsman -

Your point seems to be that we (the people) should not be complaining, because we (still) have it better than other nations. That sounds very much like a Globalist POV to me.

Kindly notice that heeding a warning is not the same as complaining. Whatever, it only goes downhill from here. The USD will inevitably be replaced with centralized digital banking, infringing on our economic freedom in the process.

This just in: banks are already restricting gasoline purchases. Suggest paying cash at gas stations.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at Schlogman. Obviously you are free to complain all you want. The economic data is surprisingly strong. And, thanks for the Globalist hysteria, its good to know there are many lunatics still walking the streets like yourself.
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way to look at the economic trends.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/12/23/trump-biden-us-economy-compared/
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 137, 138, 139  Next
Page 134 of 139

Jump to: