myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
You idiots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 137, 138, 139  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Helped swing the 2020 election by enabling Joe Biden and 51 former high-ranking intelligence officials to dismiss the evidence of his son Hunter’s shady foreign business dealings as likely “Russian disinformation.”

Wow, I never thought this possible. Bravo Malibu. I will henceforth stop calling you a dumb ass election denier. I wonder what made you see the light? Could it have been the $750,000,000 your Trump cheerleading network had to pay out? Laughing

Coachg
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Technoo.. you can choose to ignore the data in favor of surveys , and also ignore the fact that Americans are spending at a voracious clip .. And it's in the data ..

The question is who benefits from the "data". My point has been how the public perceives and is affected by the economy.

Today's Wall Street J has a story on "What Recession? Growth Ended Up Accelerating in 2023". Essentially about the positive economy. However, in the story is the following:

"Signs of stress

Still, there are signs that spending—and the whole economy—won’t be able to continue at such a rapid clip. Economists, expecting consumer outlays to cool, forecast growth to ease to 1% this year.

The four biggest U.S. banks reported higher credit-card spending in 2023 compared with the previous year and said that customers are taking longer to pay off balances. Delinquency rates are rising. The personal saving rate fell further in the fourth quarter to 4%— it rarely fell below 5% in the decade before the pandemic.

“Consumers have used run-ups in debt and failing to save and invest in the future” to prop up their spending, said Amy Crews Cutts, chief economist at AC Cutts & Associates. “It’s going to take them a while to dig out.”"

How the economy is doing depends on where you are on the economic ladder, and many are on the bottom half which is why opinion polls are somewhat negative.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Technoo. Its pretty amazing seeing the metamorphosis of the Republican. From a capitalist, who won't let a anything get in the their way ....to a populist who cares about the "little guy"..

BTW---Pending home sales up 8.3% today.. More very impressive data. The US economy is strong, resilient..

Another BTW----PCE up 2.9% , getting very close to the FED target
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperate for an issue, with the economy growing, Trump kills immigration deal.

Quote:

GOP senators angry at Donald Trump: U.S. Senate Republicans are furious that the GOP front-runner may have killed an emerging bipartisan deal over the southern border. Trump said he wants to use the border security as a campaign issue, according to reports, and that upsets congressional Republicans who wanted to solve the problem.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Helped swing the 2020 election by enabling Joe Biden and 51 former high-ranking intelligence officials to dismiss the evidence of his son Hunter’s shady foreign business dealings as likely “Russian disinformation.”

Wow, I never thought this possible. Bravo Malibu. I will henceforth stop calling you a dumb ass election denier. I wonder what made you see the light? Could it have been the $750,000,000 your Trump cheerleading network had to pay out? Laughing

Coachg

No dumbass. It's the fact that Hunter sued to prevent the release of his "private" information. 😆
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Quote:

GOP senators angry at Donald Trump: U.S. Senate Republicans are furious that the GOP front-runner may have killed an emerging bipartisan deal over the southern border. Trump said he wants to use the border security as a campaign issue, according to reports, and that upsets congressional Republicans who wanted to solve the problem.

No deal is needed. Just close the fucking border.
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
No dumbass. It's the fact that Hunter sued to prevent the release of his "private" information. 😆

So I get to keep calling you a dumb ass MAGA moron who denies reality even after 4 years. Sweet. Thanks dude.

Coachg
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump Tower now belongs to E. Jean Carroll. Funny how juries keep finding real news, not fake news.

Dumb ass MAGA supporters keep their heads up their butts.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:

Quote:

No deal is needed. Just close the fucking border.

what worked under Obama was go after the mass hirers of people who are not legal to work. Again recently altra right wing hero hater Nunes family farm was found to have about 80-90% of the workers did not have the right to work in the USA, and it is a simple check 10 minute or so for them to find out.

pass a friggen bill that company owners who have more than 3% or repeat offenders spend 1 year in jail second offense 5 year, thirty or more than 20% of the workforce 10 years in jail...

problem solved...

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Trump Tower now belongs to E. Jean Carroll. Funny how juries keep finding real news, not fake news.

Dumb ass MAGA supporters keep their heads up their butts.

I could have you tried for defamation in Oklahoma and you'd owe me $100 million. Laughable

We've got dozens of Stalinist show trials going...how shallow you are
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 137, 138, 139  Next
Page 123 of 139

Jump to: