myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Opinions on racey foils?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 160 lbs., there doesn't appear any difference in early foiling between my 1220 wing and my 600 wing.
The board needs to just get planing, and either foil takes over.
Same size sails, same tuning, maybe 2 more pumps, maybe not.
This in breeze of 7-15, needing just under the max to get up.
wernerhickey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took the big step to move from the SB SuperCruiser to the SB Race set up - expensive and a risk I thought at the time. I had a great session a week ago and feel the move was vindicated in terms of ease of lift and speed. I used the 1000 wing - it flew quickly and was well behaved in around 10-15 knots. I have the 800 wing that comes with the setup - for lighter weights that would be a good enough wing for lighter winds. The winds are sub 10 knots for a couple of weeks - so looking forward to some more research soon!
wsatl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wernerhickey wrote:
I just took the big step to move from the SB SuperCruiser to the SB Race set up - expensive and a risk I thought at the time. I had a great session a week ago and feel the move was vindicated in terms of ease of lift and speed. I used the 1000 wing - it flew quickly and was well behaved in around 10-15 knots. I have the 800 wing that comes with the setup - for lighter weights that would be a good enough wing for lighter winds. The winds are sub 10 knots for a couple of weeks - so looking forward to some more research soon!

Did you keep the SuperCruiser?

Glad you are having a good time on the new setup - It's amazing how efficient those race wings are and how well they lift because of their low drag.
wernerhickey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks wsati, yes I still have if for now but I probably will sell it as I think I am a bit hooked on my new set up. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: